Let's help Thembi get to the Big Dog Backyard Ultra World Champs in Tennessee, America. He was crowned SA champ which qualified him to go to the World Champs in October.
Join him for a few laps while he prepares for the World Champs event. Each lap is 6.7km long and will be on mixed surfaces. The laps will start on the hour each hour, with the first lap starting at 18h00 on Friday 11 August. You can join for as many laps as you like until Sunday 14h00. Prize giving will take place on Sunday at 15h00 and you must be present to win prizes!
- Last Man/Lady Standing: Most consecutive laps- you would need to start on Friday for the first lap.
- Most laps: Laps done throughout the weekend
- Lucky Draw: Every lap gets you a ticket into the draw (doesn't have to be done inside an hour)
This is a fundraiser; you can contribute in any of the following ways:
- Sponsor Thembi an amount per lap he completes or any fixed amount.
- Run a few laps with him to show your support.
- Offer up some of your time to be a volunteer and help at the aid station (GTR Start, below Trail Kiosk) We need seconders and marshals to be at the race village during the entire duration of the fundraiser.
- Donate anything towards lucky draw prizes. It would be cool if all the competitors can win something.
- Sponsor aid station sustenance- coke, water, food
The 6.7km route is a mixture of single track, gravel, jeep track, grass and tarmac. The start and finish are in Camphersdrift road dip (GTR start)
Download or view the route on this LINK
Please see map below: